WE DO NOT PROVIDE RADON TESTING
Professional Radon Systems is prohibited by law from conducting pre and post-mitigation testing.
PROFESSIONAL RADON TESTERS – ILLINOIS
For the most reliable results, you can hire a professional radon testing company to conduct the test.
Click here for a list of recommended professional radon testing companies in the Chicago area.
THE EPA RECOMMENDS TESTING YOUR HOME EVERY TWO YEARS OR AFTER
ANY MAJOR REMODELING PROJECT
TESTING – WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Conduct the radon test for a minimum of 48 hours; some test devices have a minimum exposure time
greater than 48 hours.
- When doing a short-term test ranging from 2-4 days, it is important to conduct the test with
windows closed for at least 12 hours before the beginning of the test and during the entire test
- If you conduct the test yourself, use a qualified radon measurement device and follow the
laboratory’s instructions. We are able to provide you with a list of do-it-yourself test devices
available from qualified laboratories.
- If the house has an active radon-reduction system, make sure the vent fan is operating properly.
If the fan is not operating properly, have it serviced prior to testing.
- To ensure the test is properly conducted, we recommend hiring a professional radon testing
company. Click here for a list of preferred radon testing professionals in Illinois.
DURING A RADON TEST
- Maintain closed-house conditions during the entire time of a short-term test, especially for
tests shorter than one week in length.
- Operate the home’s heating and cooling systems normally during the test. For tests lasting less
than one week, operate only air-conditioning units which recirculate interior air.
- Do not disturb the test device at any time during the test.
- If a radon-reduction system is in place, make sure the system is working properly and will be in
operation during the entire radon test.
AFTER A RADON TEST
- If you conduct the test yourself, complete the required information included and be sure
to promptly return the test device to the laboratory.
- If high radon levels are indicated, contact us.
We guarantee to reduce radon to safe levels in 24 hours!